If you are filing a personal injury lawsuit, you will need an experienced attorney on your side to assist you throughout the process. Insurance companies do not have an interest in seeing you recover fair compensation and will pressure you into accepting a lowball settlement. A personal injury attorney will inform you of your rights and help ensure you do not make the mistake of settling for less than what you deserve.
The Benefits of Obtaining Skilled Legal Counsel
Although the insurance company will do their best to convince you that obtaining legal counsel is unnecessary, the truth is that an attorney will help you level the playing field.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney to handle your case:
- You will work with someone who previously handled cases like yours. If you were to attempt to handle your case on your own, no matter how much time you spent researching, none of it will compare to an attorney’s knowledge and experience with the law.
- You can focus on recovering from your injuries while your attorney handles the legal side of things. Coping with a severe injury can be exhausting and you probably have a lot on your plate as it is, so it would be best to rest instead of trying to figure out how to handle this legal matter on your own.
- You might lack objectivity. Understandably, this is probably very personal to you and, unfortunately, when something is personal, it is impossible to be objective. A personal injury attorney, on the other hand, will be objective on these matters and can provide the sound legal advice you need to make better decisions.
- You will have a better chance of maximizing compensation. An experienced personal injury attorney can provide a reasonable estimate for the value of your claim and advise you against lowball settlement offers. Without an attorney’s advice and guidance, the initial offer you receive might seem appealing and you might be concerned about missing out on your one chance of receiving compensation.
- Your attorney will negotiate on your behalf. Without the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney, it will be hard to negotiate with the insurance company to secure a proper settlement. A knowledgeable attorney will know how to handle these negotiations and might even keep your case from ever having to go to trial.
Reach Out to an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Today!
At May, Rammell & Wells, our personal injury attorneys have more than 70 years of combined legal experience and a track record of proven success fighting on behalf of the wrongfully injured. If you sustained injuries in an accident caused by negligence, reach out to our team for the exceptional representation and advice you need to maximize compensation and to hold the responsible party liable for your injuries.
Call our law office today at (208) 623-8021 to schedule a free case review with one of our compassionate attorneys.