Degrees and Causes of Burn Injuries
The degrees of burn injuries and the causes of them may vary, but if you have ever been the victim of a burn accident, you know that it is difficult to focus on anything else. The pain and uncomfortable healing processes of burn injuries are unique and often overwhelming. A burn can occur from exposure to heat, radiation, radioactivity, chemicals, or electricity. When you are involved in an accident that involves a severe burn, you deserve to get the compensation needed to cover the damages involved with your burn. Our team of Pocatello burn injury lawyers at May, Rammell & Wells can help you get the settlement to cover damages including:
- Medical expenses
- Medical services (after initial visit)
- Lost wages
- Injury related expenses
- Property damages
Let us review your case and work to get you back on your feet with the compensation that will cover the financial burden of medical expenses, lost wages and other damages.
Types of Burn Injuries
There are four different degrees of burns that can occur from an accident. Depending on the degree of burn and the percentage of your body that is affected, your settlement will reflect the severity monetarily.
Degrees of burns include:
- 1st degree burn: A 1st degree burn will often appear as red skin, and affects only the first layer of skin. These are not typically considered serious.
- 2nd degree burn: A 2nd degree burn affects the first two layers of skin and will present with blisters, redness, and swelling.
- 3rd degree burn: A 3rd degree burn affects all layers of the skin, is considered severe, and can make the skin look white and leathery.
- 4th degree burn: A 4th degree burn is similar to 3rd degree but can also involve bone and muscle. It is not uncommon for 3rd and 4th degree burns to not be painful because there is nerve damage involved.
Pocatello Burn Injury Attorneys
If you are suffering from a burn injury that was caused in an accident, and you believe you should receive compensation, our team can help. Our Pocatello burn injury lawyers at May, Rammell & Wells can work with you to get the compensation that you need when you are recovering from a burn injury. We understand that burns can be some of the most painful injuries and take the longest time to heal. The healing process should not be overshadowed by the stress of trying to recover your financial losses. We can take the stress of the legal process off your shoulders, so that you can focus on recovery.
Contact our personal injury attorneys today to discuss how we can help you seek compensation for your injury at (208) 623-8021.