Pocatello Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers
Representing Premises Liability Victims in Idaho
If you have been hurt in a premises liability accident such as a slip and fall, you have rights. Property owners have an obligation to ensure their property is safe for visitors and customers. When they fail to take that responsibility seriously and it leads to an accident, they can be held responsible. At May, Rammell & Wells, we help individuals who have been injured in slip and fall accidents to pursue a personal injury claim.
Common Causes of Slip & Falls
When a property owner fails to keep up with necessary repairs or allows hazardous conditions to continue, it can lead to slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents can lead to very serious injuries, such as broken bones, sprains, back injuries, spinal cord and brain injuries, and head injuries.
A few common examples of slip and fall hazards include:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Lack of warning signs
- Inadequate lighting
- Construction defects
- Uneven sidewalks
- Debris on the floor
Let's take a look at a specific scenario.
What to Do If You Slip and Fall in a Store
If you slip and fall in a store, it's likely that the first thing you want to do is quickly get up and walk away out of embarrassment. But if you fell due to something the store is responsible for keeping properly maintained, then you may have a slip and fall injury claim. In that case, there are some steps to take before you do walk away.
- Assess the situation. What was the cause of your fall? Is the floor wet? Was there a display in the walkway, or uneven flooring?
- File an incident report with a store manager and request a copy. Make sure that the cause of your fall is mentioned in the report.
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible. Getting examined quickly is vital so it can be determined that your injury is a direct result of the slip and fall.
- Document everything. Were there witnesses? Collect names, statements, and contact information. Take pictures of the area where you fell. Conditions such as a wet floor or ice won't be there for long - take a picture before you leave!
- Do not post any details on social media. Details that are posted on social media can be used against you in some cases, so it's safest to refrain from posting anything at all.
- Contact a slip and fall injury lawyer to help you build a strong claim.
Personal Injury Firm in Pocatello & Burley
With more than 70 years of collective legal experience, our firm has an impressive track record of success. Although it may seem simple enough to show that you slipped and fell on another's property, these cases are actually quite complex. If you suspect that your injuries were caused by negligence, our Burley slip and fall injury attorneys an help. We are dedicated to helping victims of premises liability pursue justice and compensation.
Personal injury claims require a significant amount of work, from the investigation to putting together evidence for a settlement hearing or litigation. We are here to support you every step of the way and ensure you receive the care you deserve.